Building a sustainable community, one member at a time.
Since 2004, Sustainable Tompkins has been providing leadership and support to the local sustainability movement. We’ve been at the leading edge of designing for healthy, thriving communities that safeguard the well-being of future generations and the natural systems we all depend on.
In December of 2010, Sustainable Tompkins announced our first membership program. With an office and staff, we have the capacity to service a formal membership program and make a commitment to stay in the work for the long haul – and we need your support and engagement. You can sign up for membership online here.
Your membership dollars are tax deductible! Join us today.
Individual/Student/Family Membership Benefits:
Your annual membership with Sustainable Tompkins allows us to build a community of individuals and organizations who both support and challenge one another to live more sustainably. Member benefits include:
- Access to our newsletters, keeping members in the loop about Sustainable Tompkins’s work, along with other local sustainability news.
- Access to member profiles and best-practices in sustainable living.
- Ten percent discounts on all tickets for Sustainable Tompkins events and conferences including Finger Lakes Bioneers gathering.
- Access to Sustainable Tompkins’s growing lending library, including the Economics of Happiness, and the Beaming Bioneers plenary session speakers.
- We look to our members to act as ambassadors for the local sustainability movement. If you have the time and the inclination we’ll look to you to represent Sustainable Tompkins at local community events, actions and even cultural events.
Sustainable Tompkins has always valued connecting people with the resources to live more sustainably. Therefore, we are building partnerships with local green businesses to give our members discounts:
- Snug Planet offers an Energy savings kit to all ST members with their free home energy audit,
- Home Green Home offers a member discount of 10% off all non-sale items under $300,
- Ithaca Carshare waives the $40 application fee for Sustainable Tompkins members,
- And more.
Who are Members of Sustainable Tompkins?
- Individuals AND Organizations
- Forward-thinking citizens who embrace new, innovative ways of living and working sustainably,
- People who value justice, stewardship, and enduring prosperity,
- Residents who want a better life for themselves, for others, and for our shared future.
Business and Organizational Memberships
We would like to especially thank the pioneering organizations who represent our first members in 2010: Challenge – Finger Lakes Fresh, Earth Arts, EnergyTeachers.org, Green Home Heroes, Ithaca Carshare, Ithaca College – Sustainability at Ithaca, Taiyo Power Systems, La Tourelle Resort & Spa, and White Hawk Ecovillage
Since 2010 our organizational and business memberships have grown to include nearly 50 local groups.
Sustainable Tompkins supports the community conversations that lead to action in areas such as green jobs, local investing, healthy neighborhoods, social and economic resilience, and clean environments. Top down and bottom up – we bring people together to make a difference. Please join Sustainable Tompkins as a member. Together, we’re building community today for a sustainable tomorrow.
Become a Member! Annual dues are:
- Individual Membership: $30
- Family Membership $45
- Business or Non-profit Membership: $50
- Student Membership :$15
309 N. Aurora St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.